- How do we make sure our food is safe to eat?
- Is there a shortage of food? Why do people go hungry?
- Who controls what’s available to eat?
- How do companies influence governments and shape food policies?
- What are people around the world doing to promote food justice?
- How can we assure justice for workers who grow and serve our food?
Welcome to Food Justice Now
Our international organization of women working for peace with justice since 1915 takes the position that food is a human right – not a mere commodity to be sold at the highest profit. Welcome to our developing project on Food Justice. We invite your comments and suggestions as it takes shape. The Centennial Conference of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom will host a panel April 29, 2015, in The Hague on Crisis of corporate takeover of farming and food production – women-oriented solutions.
San Jose CA Branch, in cooperation with US Section
Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom